How to change your name in Zoom.
- Even if you have already started a Zoom meeting, you can change your name.
- You can edit your name on your Zoom account’s profile section if your meeting has not started.
- You can change your name if the Zoom meeting has started.
It’s becoming more important to keep your accounts current with the increasing reliance on virtual tools like video conferencing.
You may be eager to change your name online if you have. It can seem daunting, but Zoom makes it easy.
This is how you can get it done before or during a Zoom meeting.
How to change your name in Zoom before attending a meeting
You can change your Zoom name in a few places: on the website, the desktop application, or the mobile apps.
At the Zoom website
- Log in to the Zoom portal.
- Please click Profile on the left sidebar.
- To edit, click to the right.
- Enter your full name and Show Name. This is what you will display to other participants in a meeting.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Delete.
You can update your information from the same page such as your pronouns and job title, whereabouts, and company.
Download the desktop app
- Log in to your account if you need.
- Select your profile icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select Your Profile in the dropdown menu. This will open a pop-up window.
- 4. Click edits to the right side of your name.
- Enter your desired name.
- Click Delete.
- Log in to your account if necessary.
- Choose Settings from the bottom-right corner.
- Click the banner with your name, email address, and click the button at the top.
Tap the banner at top of the page. Devon Delfino/Insider.
- Touch Enter Name.
Tap “Display Name.” Devon Delfino/Insider.
- Type your name or display name, and then tap to save.
Read more:- Driver Easy Pro Key
How to change your name in Zoom during a meeting
After a meeting has started on the mobile or desktop app, you can change your name. Keep in mind that when you visit the website, you will be redirected to the desktop app. In this case, you can continue with step 2:
- Choose Participants. This information is located in the toolbar at the bottom of the meeting window.
- Hover your mouse over your name to select More (desktop), and tap your name (mobile).
- Tap or click To rename.
- Enter the name you want and click Rename on your desktop or done on your mobile.
Meeting hosts have the ability to turn off the option for you to change your name after the meeting is over. If you don’t see the option to change your name, there could be another explanation.